BERKELEY BROADSIDE BALLADEER Set List offers free timely topical mp3 songs on SoundCloud! Courage To Resist – A song in support of war crimes whistle-blower Private Bradley Manning; No Nuke Blues 2012 Update has the new 2011 Fukushima verse; Oh What A Day! August 2012 Update Version – A song that raises the real questions about the system as it celebrates the Occupy Wall Street movement for economic justice, 9/11 Truth & Justice seekers, Anti-War activism, and not voting for Democrats or Republicans; The Brandywine & The Christina – A romantic green pop rock song to celebrate the rivers and the environmental movement in northern Delaware; An Act of State: The Execution of Martin Luther King – Based on the book of the same title by William Pepper, friend and lawyer for the King family victory in a civil suit in Memphis in 1999, the song highlights items in Pepper’s book about King’s life and about what was put in the public record by the trial. The songs were recorded at Robot Envy Studio in Berkeley, CA with Sammy Fielding as sound engineer. Eric Golub is featured on numerous tracks on ukulele, violin, or viola. Photo of Vic Sadot at Robot Envy Studio in 2011 by Eric Golub
Truth Seekers & Truth Speakers: Truth Troubadour’s Channel on YouTube
A Showcase for Videos for Citizen Discussion
(1) LIBYA Belgian Journalist Cautions Viewer On Wars By US & Europe & Their “Media Lies” To Justify War (13:39) (French with English Subtitles) “Michel Collon a journalist cautions everyone by saying each war is preceded by the BIG “media lie”. He gives examples of “media lies”: Vietnam war & Gulf Of Tankin incident, Iraq & WMD lie & Alqaeda links, Kosovo & genocide, Afghanistan & 911 responsibility.” http://youtu.be/wRyr5w0i3fo
(2) LIBYA Brutus Nouri Al Masmari: Lies Of Gaddafi Paying African Mercenaries & Mercenary Jets 2.23.11 (4:01) - The Libya Secret: How West Cooked Up “People’s Uprising” – From Article: In October 2010, Qaddafi’s protocol chief, Nouri Al-Mesmari, arrived in France, purportedly for medical treatment. But he had his family with him, and the declared reason for his trip was a cover story. He almost immediately plunged into talks with the French and their intelligence service. He argued that Qaddafi was weak. He pointed out breaches inQaddafi’s national security shield that made it possible to take him down. http://youtu.be/jIEEgyf70ew
(3) The Nightmare of New Orleans /La Cauchmar de la Nouvelle Orleans (3:31) – A song about the criminally negligent response to Hurricane Katrina before, during, and after that catastrophe. There were grave warnings of possible disaster for New Orleans in the Times Picayune and National Geographic in the year before the tragic and deadly event. For many Americans, the militarization of the rescue mission was one of the most disconcerting aspects of the Bush-Cheney regime’s response to the flooding. FEMA even hired mercenaries from Blackwater to “restore order”. http://youtu.be/TNZHgsmmCWU
(4) Global Research TV: The Assassination of Gaddafi – GRTV Backgrounder The Corbett Report (11:40) : The killing of Muammar Gaddafi at the hands of NATO-backed, Al Qaeda-linked forces marks the end of a campaign expressly aimed at the assassination of a head of state and overthrow of a sovereign country in direct violation of international standards that have held sway since the Nuremberg trials at the end of World War II and the establishment of the Geneva Conventions. Find out more about the death of Gaddafi and the gears of the international “justice” system that was out to convict him from the start in this week’s GRTV Backgrounder. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zDY3jvcp44&feature=colike
(5) Global Research TV: Against AFRICOM – Cynthia McKinney Speaks Out on GRTV (15:11) - Established in 2007, the United States African Command (AFRICOM) has been at the heart of the US agenda to secure the continent and its resources against America’s supposed enemies. Now, many are questioning AFRICOM’s role on the continent at all. Find out more about the race for Africa’s riches in this week’s GRTV Feature Interview with former congresswoman and 2008 presidential candidate Cynthia McKinney. http://youtu.be/ezktVMOvTQs
(6) Martin Luther King, Jr.: “I Have a Dream…to Go to War?!” (3:13) “The great initiative in this war is ours. The initiative to end it must be ours.” Martin Luther King, Jr., speaking of Vietnam. This week the Pentagon sank to a new low: claiming that Dr. King would “understand” the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. King’s legacy is clear: he opposed war and other violence and condemned war as “an enemy of the poor.” Help us stop the Pentagon’s lies and attempts to justify the brutal, futile war in Afghanistan. Spread the truth by sharing this video with your family and friends. http://youtu.be/ahI8o9-U7Z0
(7) Martin Luther King (1963) – Proud to be maladjusted! (1:21) Dr. Martin Luther King’s speech at Western Michigan University (Dec 18th, 1963). http://youtu.be/zXEIYpnlxbw
(8) ‘Free Syrian Army foot-soldiers of Western military alliance’ – Russia Today Interview with Director of the Centre for Research on Globalization, Michel Chossudovsky. (5:47) The international envoy to Syria tells the UN Security Council there’s no progress in implementing a ceasefire – while the ‘Friends of Syria’ group is criticised for undermining the UN-backed peace efforts. to To discuss the different approaches for settling the year-long conflict in Syria, RT joined live by Michel Chossudovsky, who’s director at the Centre for Research on Globalization. http://youtu.be/CAjvCJtyAv4
(9) Bosnia to Libya: 20 years of NATO ‘peacemaking’ – Russia Today Interview with Rick Rozoff, Editor of Stop NATO Website as “Humanitarian” Military Interventions (5:20) : “Two decades ago saw the start of Europe’s bloodiest military conflict since the Second World War. The Bosnian War and the break-up of the former Yugoslavia reignited ethnic conflicts between Muslims and Serbs. Over four years, around 100-thousand people were killed, and more than 4 million displaced. The war eventually saw NATO’s first-ever peace mission in its history – setting a template for incursions into foreign troublespots. Anti-NATO activist Rick Rozoff believes the Alliance’s current interventions make it hard for nations to resolve their conflict themselves.” http://youtu.be/tVED-kz6yV8
(10) Terror Trading 9/11: Verified Evidence of Insider Trading Based on Foreknowledge of the False Flag Attacks (39:22) – “Terror Trading 9/11″ by Lars Schall and Michael Leitner is a video dedicated to the topic of the alleged informed trading activities prior to the terror attacks of September 11th, 2001. Funded through „Pirate My Film”, it shows interviews with Max Keiser, Kevin Ryan and Michael C. Ruppert. http://youtu.be/_J3qyDQU7ic
For further information read “Insider Trading 9/11…The Facts Laid Bare” at ASIA TIMES ONLINE under: http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/NC21Dj05.html
Lars Schall has written a book on this subject (in german): Mordanschlag 9/11. Eine kriminalistische Recherche zu Finanzen, Ol und Drogen (Assassination 9/11: A criminalistic research on finance, oil and drugs), published in Germany by Schild Verlag http://www.schildverlag.de/video-dvd/mordanschlag-911
(11) Say No To AFRICOM! Actor, activist and TransAfrica Forum board chair Danny Glover and TransAfrica Forum executive director Nicole Lee Interview by Amy Goodman of DemocracyNow ( In 2007 they had recently written about AFRICOM in the latest issue of The Nation magazine. Their article is called “Say No to AFRICOM”. http://youtu.be/M_CDUZWDRDk
(12) Blowback or Bloody Treason – Truth Troubadour Channel on YouTube – The song was written by Vic Sadot after reading Crossing the Rubicon by Michael Ruppert, a former Los Angeles narcotics detective turned 9/11 Truth investigator. It calls for treating the events of 9/11 as a criminal act rather than simply accepting what politicians claim about the crime. Such questions as, who had the means, motive, and opportunity, are essential questions that any real-life, or any TV detective, such as Columbo, “Murder She Wrote”, or CSI Miami shows, must employ to solve a murder. They always ask who might benefit from the crime, and they do not eliminate any suspects who merit scrutiny under such relevant questions. “Blowback” is the term used by the CIA to describe when groups hit back at the US for its war and military intervention policies. Many liberal critics jumped comfortably into this explanation of 9/11 before investigations even began. However, the “blowback theory” does not confront the facts or contradict the “official conspiracy story” told by Bush and Cheney immediately after the attacks, nor the 9/11 Commission Report released in 2004. This song highlights the verifiable facts and the unanswered questions presented by 9/11 Truth scholars such as Michael Ruppert, Richard Gage, Steven Jones, David Ray Griffin, Kevin Ryan, and numerous others. http://youtu.be/3Xj63Op6-bM
(13) Courage To Resist – Truth Troubadour Channel on YouTube – A tribute to GI Resistance in 2011 by Vic Sadot, who was inspired especially by Private Bradley Manning and wiki leaks for exposing the lies, war crimes, and cover-ups of the corporate empire…crimes against humanity and their use of American citizens as their robotic servants. Bradley Manning, Nicole Mitchell, Marc Hall, and others give us hope for truth and justice. For, if they can stand up when already bound up by the military system & its culture of repression, then we can summon up the “Courage To Resist” too! “Long Live GI Resistance to the Lies & Tyranny!” Check out their real life stories of resistance at www.couragetoresist.org
This video at Truth Troubadour Channel: http://youtu.be/G_xjll5v-zM
(14) 9/11 TRUTH: Kevin Ryan Exposes Access for Demolition Crews to WTC Buildings by FederalJackTube4 (15:00) – Nine years after the attacks we are finally zeroing in on the people responsible. Kevin Ryan has been kicking ass and taking names, while the pseudo-savior Julian Assange censors cables dealing with Israel and calls 9/11 Truthers “annoying”. Assange staked the reputation of Wikileaks on the public never learning about Building 7. So ask yourself: Who would want to silence the biggest controversy in history? Why is Julian Assange doing this? Who is he? http://youtu.be/C_j3Kj0Tlec
Selling Futures reviews the many aspects and consequences of the complete takeover of US society by consolidated corporations and their attempt to globalize and militarize the entire world under the cover of “privatizing” resources and fighting a “war on terror”. Of course, as always, 9/11 Truth is an integral part of Vic’s songs and videos. Eric Golub is featured on ukulele. The song was recorded by sound engineer/owner Sammy Fielding at Robot Envy Studio in Berkeley, CA.
If you like Selling Futures, support it with “like” and “share” buttons, as well as sending the link out in your emails and posting it to other sites. The same goes for any of the 9/11 Truth specific videos: Blowback or Bloody Treason, Trouble in the Rubble, Ballad of William Rodriguez, and Cheney’s in the Bunker. Thank you! The song, Selling Futures, is copyrighted. But the video has a Creative Commons Copyright with free download and use with proper credits and links, but without the right to change the video.
Vic Sadot is Truth Troubadour at twitter, 911blogger, gmail, youtube, bliptv, and blogspot.
Selling Futures – Truth Troubadour Music Video at You Tube
This post is modified version of a text published by Al Jazeera a few days ago. It is a sequel to the piece entitled "Toward a Jurisprudence of Conscience," and will be followed by an assessment of the Russell Tribunal on Palestine session in Cape Town, South Africa investigating the allegations that Israel is guilty of imposing apartheid on the Palestinian people, considered by the Rome Treaty framework of the…
This link has all the lyrics and descriptions for all 16 songs on the 9/11/11 Tenth Anniversary CD!
Watch “Oh What A Day!” on BlipTV
New Video of a New Song on the New CD: “9/11 Truth & Justice Songs”
Ride the Wind
Wish I could hop that old freight train and leave these blues behind
The ways to get away from here been weighin’ on my mind
I know no train can take me where I really want to go
But come the dawn I will be gone… I’ll ride the wind, you know…
I’ll just get up and go!
Ride the wind! Stand the storm! There ain’t no place to hide!
Ride the wind! Stand the storm! We cannot be denied!
Farewell, my friends, I’ll miss you all… I’ll miss you one and all
One of these years I shall return… most likely in the fall
So keep the faith that we have known in Love and Liberty
And when we once embrace again we shall be strong and free…
In Truth we shall be free!
Chorus Instrumental Chorus
Cold winds blow across the land… Dark clouds gather gloom
Children wake up crying… Parents rush into the room
It’s just another nightmare of impending days of doom
But we’re gonna tear “your terror” down and make the deserts bloom!
Yeah, that’s what we assume!
It’s just like us to rise again when we have sunk so low
Those who have no sense of shame will never learn to grow
We cannot live locked in the past… The winter can’t stop spring!
So let us join our hearts in hope… Let’s hear those voices ring!
Yeah, let’s hear those voices sing!
Chorus Instrumental Chorus
Copyright 1988 Victor René Sadot/BMI/Orbian Love Music
Title cut for the 12 song LP released in 1988. This song was re-released
on a “Best of 25 Years of Vic Sadot Recordings” CD titled “Broadsides & Retrospectives”, which is available on CD Baby:
Released on “9/11 Truth & Justice Songs – 10th Anniversary Edition” CD on 9/11/11. Now available on CD Baby!