Every Second Friday of Every Month! Multi-issue activist and prolific SF Bay Area singer-songwriter Tommi Avocolli Mecca will be the featured artist on Friday, Feb 8 at Historic Fellowship Hall at the BF MOM (Berkeley Fellowship Monthly Open Mic). Hear Tommi’s song about the banker foreclosure crisis making millions of American families homeless in the wake of the US taxpayer funded “bankster bailout”! What would MLK say today? Vic Sadot, the Berkeley “Broadside Balladeer” will host and sing out! Note to Musicians/Performers: Sign-up begins at 6:30 pm for 20 ten minute spots! Show starts at 7 pm! Featured artist goes on sometime around 8:30 pm. Fellowship Hall is at 1924 Cedar St, Berkeley, CA 94709. Wheelchair accessible from our ramp on Bonita Ave. $5 – 10 suggested donations to support the Social Justice Committee. No one ever turned away for lack of funds. Volunteer help much appreciated!
Posts tagged ‘truth’
TRUTH TROUBADOUR BLOGSPOT Sept 27, 2012: “On Taking an Oath to Become a 2012 Electoral College Presidential Elector for Rocky Anderson: It’s Time to Vote for Justice!“ – “Berkeley Broadside Balladeer” Vic Sadot was sworn in as a Presidential Elector for Justice Party Presidential candidate Rocky Anderson on September 25, 2012. Questions the Clerk about the Meaning of the Oath to Defend the Constitution – Posts Song for Rocky as Free MP3 on Sound Cloud: IT’S TIME TO VOTE FOR JUSTICE!
Last summer songwriter Vic Sadot met Rocky Anderson, 2012 US Presidential candidate for the Justice Party USA, at a small dinner gathering at the home of Cynthia Papermaster of Code Pink Golden Gate Chapter in Berkeley, CA. Rocky is the former mayor of Salt Lake City with extensive management experience, a great record on human rights, and a reputation for getting people to work together. During a road trip to Santa Cruz, Vic wrote a song and sang the first version of it in Santa Cruz at a restaurant gathering for Rocky after he had spoken at Occupy Santa Cruz earlier in the day. The Truth Troubadour Blog is about the day that Vic Sadot was asked to be a Presidential Elector for Rocky Anderson and had to sign a document and make a solemn oath to “defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies foreign and domestic”.
Vic made numerous revisions to the song and he recorded It’s Time to Vote for Justice in Robot Envy Studio in Berkeley. Then the song was posted as a Free MP3 at SoundCloud on 9-27-12 after Vic received this email from Rocky: “Great to hear from you, Vic! And thanks for the great song for our campaign. I so admire what you do — and why you do it! Keep up the great work!” Best, Rocky
The official site of Rocky Anderson for President:
BERKELEY BROADSIDE BALLADEER Set List offers free timely topical mp3 songs on SoundCloud! Courage To Resist – A song in support of war crimes whistle-blower Private Bradley Manning; No Nuke Blues 2012 Update has the new 2011 Fukushima verse; Oh What A Day! August 2012 Update Version – A song that raises the real questions about the system as it celebrates the Occupy Wall Street movement for economic justice, 9/11 Truth & Justice seekers, Anti-War activism, and not voting for Democrats or Republicans; The Brandywine & The Christina – A romantic green pop rock song to celebrate the rivers and the environmental movement in northern Delaware; An Act of State: The Execution of Martin Luther King – Based on the book of the same title by William Pepper, friend and lawyer for the King family victory in a civil suit in Memphis in 1999, the song highlights items in Pepper’s book about King’s life and about what was put in the public record by the trial. The songs were recorded at Robot Envy Studio in Berkeley, CA with Sammy Fielding as sound engineer. Eric Golub is featured on numerous tracks on ukulele, violin, or viola. Photo of Vic Sadot at Robot Envy Studio in 2011 by Eric Golub
Truth Seekers & Truth Speakers: Truth Troubadour’s Channel on YouTube
A Showcase for Videos for Citizen Discussion
(1) LIBYA Belgian Journalist Cautions Viewer On Wars By US & Europe & Their “Media Lies” To Justify War (13:39) (French with English Subtitles) “Michel Collon a journalist cautions everyone by saying each war is preceded by the BIG “media lie”. He gives examples of “media lies”: Vietnam war & Gulf Of Tankin incident, Iraq & WMD lie & Alqaeda links, Kosovo & genocide, Afghanistan & 911 responsibility.” http://youtu.be/wRyr5w0i3fo
(2) LIBYA Brutus Nouri Al Masmari: Lies Of Gaddafi Paying African Mercenaries & Mercenary Jets 2.23.11 (4:01) - The Libya Secret: How West Cooked Up “People’s Uprising” – From Article: In October 2010, Qaddafi’s protocol chief, Nouri Al-Mesmari, arrived in France, purportedly for medical treatment. But he had his family with him, and the declared reason for his trip was a cover story. He almost immediately plunged into talks with the French and their intelligence service. He argued that Qaddafi was weak. He pointed out breaches inQaddafi’s national security shield that made it possible to take him down. http://youtu.be/jIEEgyf70ew
(3) The Nightmare of New Orleans /La Cauchmar de la Nouvelle Orleans (3:31) – A song about the criminally negligent response to Hurricane Katrina before, during, and after that catastrophe. There were grave warnings of possible disaster for New Orleans in the Times Picayune and National Geographic in the year before the tragic and deadly event. For many Americans, the militarization of the rescue mission was one of the most disconcerting aspects of the Bush-Cheney regime’s response to the flooding. FEMA even hired mercenaries from Blackwater to “restore order”. http://youtu.be/TNZHgsmmCWU
(4) Global Research TV: The Assassination of Gaddafi – GRTV Backgrounder The Corbett Report (11:40) : The killing of Muammar Gaddafi at the hands of NATO-backed, Al Qaeda-linked forces marks the end of a campaign expressly aimed at the assassination of a head of state and overthrow of a sovereign country in direct violation of international standards that have held sway since the Nuremberg trials at the end of World War II and the establishment of the Geneva Conventions. Find out more about the death of Gaddafi and the gears of the international “justice” system that was out to convict him from the start in this week’s GRTV Backgrounder. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zDY3jvcp44&feature=colike
(5) Global Research TV: Against AFRICOM – Cynthia McKinney Speaks Out on GRTV (15:11) - Established in 2007, the United States African Command (AFRICOM) has been at the heart of the US agenda to secure the continent and its resources against America’s supposed enemies. Now, many are questioning AFRICOM’s role on the continent at all. Find out more about the race for Africa’s riches in this week’s GRTV Feature Interview with former congresswoman and 2008 presidential candidate Cynthia McKinney. http://youtu.be/ezktVMOvTQs
(6) Martin Luther King, Jr.: “I Have a Dream…to Go to War?!” (3:13) “The great initiative in this war is ours. The initiative to end it must be ours.” Martin Luther King, Jr., speaking of Vietnam. This week the Pentagon sank to a new low: claiming that Dr. King would “understand” the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. King’s legacy is clear: he opposed war and other violence and condemned war as “an enemy of the poor.” Help us stop the Pentagon’s lies and attempts to justify the brutal, futile war in Afghanistan. Spread the truth by sharing this video with your family and friends. http://youtu.be/ahI8o9-U7Z0
(7) Martin Luther King (1963) – Proud to be maladjusted! (1:21) Dr. Martin Luther King’s speech at Western Michigan University (Dec 18th, 1963). http://youtu.be/zXEIYpnlxbw
(8) ‘Free Syrian Army foot-soldiers of Western military alliance’ – Russia Today Interview with Director of the Centre for Research on Globalization, Michel Chossudovsky. (5:47) The international envoy to Syria tells the UN Security Council there’s no progress in implementing a ceasefire – while the ‘Friends of Syria’ group is criticised for undermining the UN-backed peace efforts. to To discuss the different approaches for settling the year-long conflict in Syria, RT joined live by Michel Chossudovsky, who’s director at the Centre for Research on Globalization. http://youtu.be/CAjvCJtyAv4
(9) Bosnia to Libya: 20 years of NATO ‘peacemaking’ – Russia Today Interview with Rick Rozoff, Editor of Stop NATO Website as “Humanitarian” Military Interventions (5:20) : “Two decades ago saw the start of Europe’s bloodiest military conflict since the Second World War. The Bosnian War and the break-up of the former Yugoslavia reignited ethnic conflicts between Muslims and Serbs. Over four years, around 100-thousand people were killed, and more than 4 million displaced. The war eventually saw NATO’s first-ever peace mission in its history – setting a template for incursions into foreign troublespots. Anti-NATO activist Rick Rozoff believes the Alliance’s current interventions make it hard for nations to resolve their conflict themselves.” http://youtu.be/tVED-kz6yV8
(10) Terror Trading 9/11: Verified Evidence of Insider Trading Based on Foreknowledge of the False Flag Attacks (39:22) – “Terror Trading 9/11″ by Lars Schall and Michael Leitner is a video dedicated to the topic of the alleged informed trading activities prior to the terror attacks of September 11th, 2001. Funded through „Pirate My Film”, it shows interviews with Max Keiser, Kevin Ryan and Michael C. Ruppert. http://youtu.be/_J3qyDQU7ic
For further information read “Insider Trading 9/11…The Facts Laid Bare” at ASIA TIMES ONLINE under: http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/NC21Dj05.html
Lars Schall has written a book on this subject (in german): Mordanschlag 9/11. Eine kriminalistische Recherche zu Finanzen, Ol und Drogen (Assassination 9/11: A criminalistic research on finance, oil and drugs), published in Germany by Schild Verlag http://www.schildverlag.de/video-dvd/mordanschlag-911
(11) Say No To AFRICOM! Actor, activist and TransAfrica Forum board chair Danny Glover and TransAfrica Forum executive director Nicole Lee Interview by Amy Goodman of DemocracyNow ( In 2007 they had recently written about AFRICOM in the latest issue of The Nation magazine. Their article is called “Say No to AFRICOM”. http://youtu.be/M_CDUZWDRDk
(12) Blowback or Bloody Treason – Truth Troubadour Channel on YouTube – The song was written by Vic Sadot after reading Crossing the Rubicon by Michael Ruppert, a former Los Angeles narcotics detective turned 9/11 Truth investigator. It calls for treating the events of 9/11 as a criminal act rather than simply accepting what politicians claim about the crime. Such questions as, who had the means, motive, and opportunity, are essential questions that any real-life, or any TV detective, such as Columbo, “Murder She Wrote”, or CSI Miami shows, must employ to solve a murder. They always ask who might benefit from the crime, and they do not eliminate any suspects who merit scrutiny under such relevant questions. “Blowback” is the term used by the CIA to describe when groups hit back at the US for its war and military intervention policies. Many liberal critics jumped comfortably into this explanation of 9/11 before investigations even began. However, the “blowback theory” does not confront the facts or contradict the “official conspiracy story” told by Bush and Cheney immediately after the attacks, nor the 9/11 Commission Report released in 2004. This song highlights the verifiable facts and the unanswered questions presented by 9/11 Truth scholars such as Michael Ruppert, Richard Gage, Steven Jones, David Ray Griffin, Kevin Ryan, and numerous others. http://youtu.be/3Xj63Op6-bM
(13) Courage To Resist – Truth Troubadour Channel on YouTube – A tribute to GI Resistance in 2011 by Vic Sadot, who was inspired especially by Private Bradley Manning and wiki leaks for exposing the lies, war crimes, and cover-ups of the corporate empire…crimes against humanity and their use of American citizens as their robotic servants. Bradley Manning, Nicole Mitchell, Marc Hall, and others give us hope for truth and justice. For, if they can stand up when already bound up by the military system & its culture of repression, then we can summon up the “Courage To Resist” too! “Long Live GI Resistance to the Lies & Tyranny!” Check out their real life stories of resistance at www.couragetoresist.org
This video at Truth Troubadour Channel: http://youtu.be/G_xjll5v-zM
(14) 9/11 TRUTH: Kevin Ryan Exposes Access for Demolition Crews to WTC Buildings by FederalJackTube4 (15:00) – Nine years after the attacks we are finally zeroing in on the people responsible. Kevin Ryan has been kicking ass and taking names, while the pseudo-savior Julian Assange censors cables dealing with Israel and calls 9/11 Truthers “annoying”. Assange staked the reputation of Wikileaks on the public never learning about Building 7. So ask yourself: Who would want to silence the biggest controversy in history? Why is Julian Assange doing this? Who is he? http://youtu.be/C_j3Kj0Tlec
The Ballad of Mohamed Atta – What is Myth? What is True?
The Ballad of Mohamed Atta – Vic Sadot at Last FM on “9/11 Truth & Justice Songs”. Great violin by Vic’s buddy Eric Golub. This song was written after reading the Australian Broadcast Corporation interviews by Liz Jackson with Ralph Bodenstein & Volker Hauth who were buddies with Mohamed Atta in their college days. They simply could not imagine him being the person described in the US Press. Research by Daniel Hopsicker of Mad Cow News “Welcome to Terrorland” revealed a Mohamed devoid of religion & addicted to sex & drugs, who had Visas & US military training at Huffman Aviation & Pensacola Naval Base in Florida. What is myth? What is true? http://www.last.fm/music/Vic+Sadot/_/Ballad+of+Mohamed+Atta
Links are provided below the lyrics for two Australian Broadcasting Corporation interviews by Liz Jackson in October 2001, and to Daniel Hopsicker’s reseach in Florida right after the 9/11 attacks, “Welcome To Terrorland“. The glaring opposite characterizations of Mohamed Atta were the genesis of this reflective song for truth and justice. Was the “suspect” possibly an “asset” or a “patsy”? The chord progression is a simple strum of this chord progression: G Am D G 3 times with the last line being G Am D Em. The song is offered as a free downloadable mp3 at Last FM where Vic writes blogs about topical songwriting and founded the group called “Broadside Balladeers”. See link below.
The Ballad of Mohamed Atta
His name was Mohamed El-Amir Atta
Cutest babe in the world to his ma and his pa
They were hard working people… did all that they could…
To teach him right from wrong like any good parent would
He was born in the land of King Tut’s pyramid
Did he grow up to do what they say that he did?
Did he murder 3,000 by flying a plane…
Into the World Trade Center with rage in his brain?
When he was a young boy, he did well in school
He was taught to be kind in a world that was cruel
His father and mother raised him to be good
What it meant to be Muslim was well understood
A generous, peace-loving community
But all that was threatened by the economy
By the great “western system”… the greed and suffering it sows
By the great “New World Order” they seek to impose
He studied Urban Planning in old Germany
He dreamed ancient Egypt could be modern and free
He worked with Ralph Bodenstein and Volker Hauth
It was winter ’94 when they flew east and south
They’d landed a project in “Old Town Cairo”
They were so young and hopeful so long ago
They gathered information on the economy
On the effects of decisions on the people they’d see
On historic preservation, polluting industry
High class corruption and vast poverty
Strawberries for export instead of wheat for the poor
It had to be imported from the great US store
Storm troopers were storming the old neighborhoods
Knockin’ down doors… Killing just cause they could
The Egyptian, Israeli, and US ruling class
Made plans that were clashing with the citizen mass
And up from the masses there rose with a rush
A great wave of resistance they would brutally crush
They rounded up thousands, imprisoned them too
They tortured and murdered like state terrorists do
Mohamed begged his colleagues, “Please do not speak out”
It might get him “criminalized”… No job come about…
Cause he dreamed social planning could be done with a heart
But the wolves of the world would soon tear that apart!
In Florida he was a drunkard, a “covorter” about
Buying sex with the call girls… No longer devout!
In Pensacola US Naval Station…
And Huffman Aviation, what “training” was done?
How’d he get a Visa to get in the USA?
Who enabled this danger, and who paid his way?
And what was his mission? Who was he working for?
Was he really a hijacker? How can we be sure?
Yes, what happened later to the kid who could care?
Was his growing awareness just too much to bare?
Did he “crack up”? … or “link up” with a very bad crowd?
Was he an Al Qaida asset that the CIA endowed?
Yes, what happened later to Mohamed Atta?
Named as “chief suspect” of a terror fatwah…
But was it a “fatwah” or a “special ops” design?
For who had the means to pull off such a crime?
His name was “Mohamed El-Amir Atta”
Can we tell the truth from the propaganda?
Was he an “attacker” or a “patsy” to blame?
Was somebody else maybe even using his name?
His name was “Mohamed El-Amir Atta”
Can you tell the truth from the propaganda?
If you get your “truth” from the war profiteers,
The truth of your prophets may well disappear!
Storm troopers are storming the old neighborhoods
In Bagdad and Basra and Fallujah there’s blood!
Compradors of Iraq and the US ruling class
Made plans to wage war on the great Muslim mass
Do you know what they’re planning to do in your name?
In the name of “Democracy”, it’s a sham and a shame!
‘Cause all of this killing comes out of the claims…
Of the “Official Story” and whoever it blames!
Copyright Nov. 21, 2004 Victor René Sadot / BMI / Orbian Love Music
FREE mp3 download for this song at Last FM on the “9/11 Truth & Justice Songs” CD.
Ralph Bodenstein interview Beirut. Lebanon on Oct. 15, 2001:http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/atta/interviews/bodenstein.htm
Volker Hauth interview in Hamburg, Germany on Oct. 21, 2001: http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/atta/interviews/hauth.htm
The interviews were part of a series called “A Mission To Die For” at http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/atta/interviews/hauth.htm
Daniel Hopsicker “Welcome To Terrorland”