Welcome to “TRUTH & LOVE POETRY VIDEOS” Group at Vimeo. Founded by singer-songwriter social justice activist Vic Sadot based in Berkeley, CA. What a surprise it is to get a new poetry video presented to the group every now and then! Today in Berkeley Calling Blog we feature the four most recent poetry videos: (1) “Happy Dancing Energies” from spacey (poem by Ava Bird); (2) Imitation: “Edgar Allan Poe Video Poem” from Mark “Iron Strike” Holmberg; (3) “Nature Moments: The Ocean” from Microdac; and (4) Arrival (Video Poem) (2:26) from Athina Souli and her class project team in Greece with English sub-titles. We hope that you enjoy these poems. If you really like one or all of these poetry videos, then we hope that you will share them with others!
Posts tagged ‘truth’
“STANDING ON THE SIDE OF LOVE” – Free Chelsea Manning! BERKELEY CALLING BLOG AT BLOGSPOT – Stand on the side of love, truth, justice, and peace!
COURAGE TO RESIST.ORG Plans a Speaking Tour for CHELSEA MANNING Attorney DAVID COOMBS, including an Oakland event at Humanist Hall, 390 – 27th Street, Oakland CA 94612 on Monday, Dec 9 at 6:30 pm! Activists call for unity on principles behind a heroic war-crimes whistle-blower like Bradley/Chelsea Manning, including Manning’s right to her identity.
Pulitzer Prize-winning author of The Color Purple, Alice Walker, released a statement denouncing the 35 year sentence and praising Chelsea Manning’s humanism.
Singer-songwriter Vic Sadot updated his song titled “Courage To Resist” to refer to Manning in the feminine as requested. The song has been recorded and posted on SoundCloud as a full length listen and download with share options at the link that is provided in this BERKELEY CALLING Blog.
Berkeley Fellowship of UU’s SOCIAL JUSTICE COMMITTEE issued The “STANDING ON THE SIDE OF LOVE” Resolution calling for resolute support for Chelsea Manning for her identity rights in addition to a reinvigorated defense of her public service in upholding the laws of the land by her commendable effort to expose war crimes and cover-ups. The chat room logs that led to Manning’s arrest show that Private Manning was motivated to uphold the law by exposing war crimes and cover-ups because he/she feared that an uninformed citizenry would be ill-fit to govern a democracy. After years of extraordinarily cruel techniques on Manning, including sensory deprivations such as sleep or light, and being exposed to extremes in temperatures in a cell with no blankets or clothing, as well as long stretches in solitary confinement, the military tribunal gave the patriotic whistle-blower a 35 year prison sentence. Meanwhile, all the war criminals all go free!
Star Trek and the War on Terror. Jennifer Epps review of “Star Trek Into the Darkness” in “The Political Film Blog” – After the “Zero Dark Thirty” pro-torture “thriller” hunt-for-a-long-dead-bin-Laden psy war myth movie made with CIA as partner, we need some creativity from Hollywood that deals with the ethical questions of the War on Terror. As Epps points out, who better to do that than Gene Roddenberry’s “Star Trek”? A great read! Let’s put the logic and the love together! Let’s get back to listening to those who blow the whistle on war crimes and other violations of all standards of truth and justice.
Every Second Friday of Every Month! Multi-issue activist and prolific SF Bay Area singer-songwriter Tommi Avocolli Mecca will be the featured artist on Friday, Feb 8 at Historic Fellowship Hall at the BF MOM (Berkeley Fellowship Monthly Open Mic). Hear Tommi’s song about the banker foreclosure crisis making millions of American families homeless in the wake of the US taxpayer funded “bankster bailout”! What would MLK say today? Vic Sadot, the Berkeley “Broadside Balladeer” will host and sing out! Note to Musicians/Performers: Sign-up begins at 6:30 pm for 20 ten minute spots! Show starts at 7 pm! Featured artist goes on sometime around 8:30 pm. Fellowship Hall is at 1924 Cedar St, Berkeley, CA 94709. Wheelchair accessible from our ramp on Bonita Ave. $5 – 10 suggested donations to support the Social Justice Committee. No one ever turned away for lack of funds. Volunteer help much appreciated!
TRUTH TROUBADOUR BLOGSPOT Sept 27, 2012: “On Taking an Oath to Become a 2012 Electoral College Presidential Elector for Rocky Anderson: It’s Time to Vote for Justice!“ – “Berkeley Broadside Balladeer” Vic Sadot was sworn in as a Presidential Elector for Justice Party Presidential candidate Rocky Anderson on September 25, 2012. Questions the Clerk about the Meaning of the Oath to Defend the Constitution – Posts Song for Rocky as Free MP3 on Sound Cloud: IT’S TIME TO VOTE FOR JUSTICE!
Last summer songwriter Vic Sadot met Rocky Anderson, 2012 US Presidential candidate for the Justice Party USA, at a small dinner gathering at the home of Cynthia Papermaster of Code Pink Golden Gate Chapter in Berkeley, CA. Rocky is the former mayor of Salt Lake City with extensive management experience, a great record on human rights, and a reputation for getting people to work together. During a road trip to Santa Cruz, Vic wrote a song and sang the first version of it in Santa Cruz at a restaurant gathering for Rocky after he had spoken at Occupy Santa Cruz earlier in the day. The Truth Troubadour Blog is about the day that Vic Sadot was asked to be a Presidential Elector for Rocky Anderson and had to sign a document and make a solemn oath to “defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies foreign and domestic”.
Vic made numerous revisions to the song and he recorded It’s Time to Vote for Justice in Robot Envy Studio in Berkeley. Then the song was posted as a Free MP3 at SoundCloud on 9-27-12 after Vic received this email from Rocky: “Great to hear from you, Vic! And thanks for the great song for our campaign. I so admire what you do — and why you do it! Keep up the great work!” Best, Rocky
The official site of Rocky Anderson for President:
BERKELEY BROADSIDE BALLADEER Set List offers free timely topical mp3 songs on SoundCloud! Courage To Resist – A song in support of war crimes whistle-blower Private Bradley Manning; No Nuke Blues 2012 Update has the new 2011 Fukushima verse; Oh What A Day! August 2012 Update Version – A song that raises the real questions about the system as it celebrates the Occupy Wall Street movement for economic justice, 9/11 Truth & Justice seekers, Anti-War activism, and not voting for Democrats or Republicans; The Brandywine & The Christina – A romantic green pop rock song to celebrate the rivers and the environmental movement in northern Delaware; An Act of State: The Execution of Martin Luther King – Based on the book of the same title by William Pepper, friend and lawyer for the King family victory in a civil suit in Memphis in 1999, the song highlights items in Pepper’s book about King’s life and about what was put in the public record by the trial. The songs were recorded at Robot Envy Studio in Berkeley, CA with Sammy Fielding as sound engineer. Eric Golub is featured on numerous tracks on ukulele, violin, or viola. Photo of Vic Sadot at Robot Envy Studio in 2011 by Eric Golub
Truth Seekers & Truth Speakers: Truth Troubadour’s Channel on YouTube
A Showcase for Videos for Citizen Discussion
(1) LIBYA Belgian Journalist Cautions Viewer On Wars By US & Europe & Their “Media Lies” To Justify War (13:39) (French with English Subtitles) “Michel Collon a journalist cautions everyone by saying each war is preceded by the BIG “media lie”. He gives examples of “media lies”: Vietnam war & Gulf Of Tankin incident, Iraq & WMD lie & Alqaeda links, Kosovo & genocide, Afghanistan & 911 responsibility.” http://youtu.be/wRyr5w0i3fo
(2) LIBYA Brutus Nouri Al Masmari: Lies Of Gaddafi Paying African Mercenaries & Mercenary Jets 2.23.11 (4:01) – The Libya Secret: How West Cooked Up “People’s Uprising” – From Article: In October 2010, Qaddafi’s protocol chief, Nouri Al-Mesmari, arrived in France, purportedly for medical treatment. But he had his family with him, and the declared reason for his trip was a cover story. He almost immediately plunged into talks with the French and their intelligence service. He argued that Qaddafi was weak. He pointed out breaches inQaddafi’s national security shield that made it possible to take him down. http://youtu.be/jIEEgyf70ew
(3) The Nightmare of New Orleans /La Cauchmar de la Nouvelle Orleans (3:31) – A song about the criminally negligent response to Hurricane Katrina before, during, and after that catastrophe. There were grave warnings of possible disaster for New Orleans in the Times Picayune and National Geographic in the year before the tragic and deadly event. For many Americans, the militarization of the rescue mission was one of the most disconcerting aspects of the Bush-Cheney regime’s response to the flooding. FEMA even hired mercenaries from Blackwater to “restore order”. http://youtu.be/TNZHgsmmCWU
(4) Global Research TV: The Assassination of Gaddafi – GRTV Backgrounder The Corbett Report (11:40) : The killing of Muammar Gaddafi at the hands of NATO-backed, Al Qaeda-linked forces marks the end of a campaign expressly aimed at the assassination of a head of state and overthrow of a sovereign country in direct violation of international standards that have held sway since the Nuremberg trials at the end of World War II and the establishment of the Geneva Conventions. Find out more about the death of Gaddafi and the gears of the international “justice” system that was out to convict him from the start in this week’s GRTV Backgrounder. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zDY3jvcp44&feature=colike
(5) Global Research TV: Against AFRICOM – Cynthia McKinney Speaks Out on GRTV (15:11) – Established in 2007, the United States African Command (AFRICOM) has been at the heart of the US agenda to secure the continent and its resources against America’s supposed enemies. Now, many are questioning AFRICOM’s role on the continent at all. Find out more about the race for Africa’s riches in this week’s GRTV Feature Interview with former congresswoman and 2008 presidential candidate Cynthia McKinney. http://youtu.be/ezktVMOvTQs
(6) Martin Luther King, Jr.: “I Have a Dream…to Go to War?!” (3:13) “The great initiative in this war is ours. The initiative to end it must be ours.” Martin Luther King, Jr., speaking of Vietnam. This week the Pentagon sank to a new low: claiming that Dr. King would “understand” the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. King’s legacy is clear: he opposed war and other violence and condemned war as “an enemy of the poor.” Help us stop the Pentagon’s lies and attempts to justify the brutal, futile war in Afghanistan. Spread the truth by sharing this video with your family and friends. http://youtu.be/ahI8o9-U7Z0
(7) Martin Luther King (1963) – Proud to be maladjusted! (1:21) Dr. Martin Luther King’s speech at Western Michigan University (Dec 18th, 1963). http://youtu.be/zXEIYpnlxbw
(8) ‘Free Syrian Army foot-soldiers of Western military alliance’ – Russia Today Interview with Director of the Centre for Research on Globalization, Michel Chossudovsky. (5:47) The international envoy to Syria tells the UN Security Council there’s no progress in implementing a ceasefire – while the ‘Friends of Syria’ group is criticised for undermining the UN-backed peace efforts. to To discuss the different approaches for settling the year-long conflict in Syria, RT joined live by Michel Chossudovsky, who’s director at the Centre for Research on Globalization. http://youtu.be/CAjvCJtyAv4
(9) Bosnia to Libya: 20 years of NATO ‘peacemaking’ – Russia Today Interview with Rick Rozoff, Editor of Stop NATO Website as “Humanitarian” Military Interventions (5:20) : “Two decades ago saw the start of Europe’s bloodiest military conflict since the Second World War. The Bosnian War and the break-up of the former Yugoslavia reignited ethnic conflicts between Muslims and Serbs. Over four years, around 100-thousand people were killed, and more than 4 million displaced. The war eventually saw NATO’s first-ever peace mission in its history – setting a template for incursions into foreign troublespots. Anti-NATO activist Rick Rozoff believes the Alliance’s current interventions make it hard for nations to resolve their conflict themselves.” http://youtu.be/tVED-kz6yV8
(10) Terror Trading 9/11: Verified Evidence of Insider Trading Based on Foreknowledge of the False Flag Attacks (39:22) – “Terror Trading 9/11” by Lars Schall and Michael Leitner is a video dedicated to the topic of the alleged informed trading activities prior to the terror attacks of September 11th, 2001. Funded through „Pirate My Film”, it shows interviews with Max Keiser, Kevin Ryan and Michael C. Ruppert. http://youtu.be/_J3qyDQU7ic
For further information read “Insider Trading 9/11…The Facts Laid Bare” at ASIA TIMES ONLINE under: http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/NC21Dj05.html
Lars Schall has written a book on this subject (in german): Mordanschlag 9/11. Eine kriminalistische Recherche zu Finanzen, Ol und Drogen (Assassination 9/11: A criminalistic research on finance, oil and drugs), published in Germany by Schild Verlag http://www.schildverlag.de/video-dvd/mordanschlag-911
(11) Say No To AFRICOM! Actor, activist and TransAfrica Forum board chair Danny Glover and TransAfrica Forum executive director Nicole Lee Interview by Amy Goodman of DemocracyNow ( In 2007 they had recently written about AFRICOM in the latest issue of The Nation magazine. Their article is called “Say No to AFRICOM”. http://youtu.be/M_CDUZWDRDk
(12) Blowback or Bloody Treason – Truth Troubadour Channel on YouTube – The song was written by Vic Sadot after reading Crossing the Rubicon by Michael Ruppert, a former Los Angeles narcotics detective turned 9/11 Truth investigator. It calls for treating the events of 9/11 as a criminal act rather than simply accepting what politicians claim about the crime. Such questions as, who had the means, motive, and opportunity, are essential questions that any real-life, or any TV detective, such as Columbo, “Murder She Wrote”, or CSI Miami shows, must employ to solve a murder. They always ask who might benefit from the crime, and they do not eliminate any suspects who merit scrutiny under such relevant questions. “Blowback” is the term used by the CIA to describe when groups hit back at the US for its war and military intervention policies. Many liberal critics jumped comfortably into this explanation of 9/11 before investigations even began. However, the “blowback theory” does not confront the facts or contradict the “official conspiracy story” told by Bush and Cheney immediately after the attacks, nor the 9/11 Commission Report released in 2004. This song highlights the verifiable facts and the unanswered questions presented by 9/11 Truth scholars such as Michael Ruppert, Richard Gage, Steven Jones, David Ray Griffin, Kevin Ryan, and numerous others. http://youtu.be/3Xj63Op6-bM
(13) Courage To Resist – Truth Troubadour Channel on YouTube – A tribute to GI Resistance in 2011 by Vic Sadot, who was inspired especially by Private Bradley Manning and wiki leaks for exposing the lies, war crimes, and cover-ups of the corporate empire…crimes against humanity and their use of American citizens as their robotic servants. Bradley Manning, Nicole Mitchell, Marc Hall, and others give us hope for truth and justice. For, if they can stand up when already bound up by the military system & its culture of repression, then we can summon up the “Courage To Resist” too! “Long Live GI Resistance to the Lies & Tyranny!” Check out their real life stories of resistance at www.couragetoresist.org
This video at Truth Troubadour Channel: http://youtu.be/G_xjll5v-zM