Cheney’s in the Bunker
Cheney’s in the bunker …now we’re under attack (1)
Someone seized our jets… in a terror hijack…
They flew into the Towers with a mighty impact
The Trade Center fell in a total collapse…
Now Bush is in the classroom for a photo-op show…
The story of the goat is what he wants “kids” to know
The day is Nine-Eleven… year Two-Thousand and One
Now who the hell’s attacking us, and what’s to be done?
Do the orders still stand, sir? Do the orders still stand?
Do the orders still stand, sir? Do the orders still stand?
“Do the orders still stand?”
The Transportation Secretary, he testified (2 Norman Mineta, May 2003 Commission Staff Report)
By 9:20 AM he was by Cheney’s side
Cheney’s in charge in the White House war room
When did the teleconference start? And it involved whom? (3)
Mineta said a “young man” asked Cheney in doubt…
“Do the orders still stand, sir? They’re 50 miles out”
“They’re 30 miles out, sir…” He reports to command…
“The plane is 10 miles out, sir… Do the orders still stand?” (4) (chorus) – Instrumental
Cheney’s in the bunker… “Is it real or a drill?” (5)
They’re flying toward the Pentagon, the White House, the Hill…
Dubya’s with the children… lookin’ out of the loop…
The orders pass secretly within a small group…
The “young man” returns … He’s askin’ Cheney again!
“Do the orders still stand, sir?, He questions command…
Cheney “whipped his neck around, ‘of course!,’ says he,
‘Have you heard anything to the contrary?’”(6) (chorus)
Was there one order to “stand down”, and one “shoot to kill”?
At 9:38 the Pentagon was hit with great skill (7)
The cover for the capitol was sent out to sea!
That’s where they sent our fighter jets from loyal Langley! (8)
Incompetence, complicity, conspiracy?
Everyone of those requires a penalty!?
If Rumsfeld and Myers failed us all on that day?
Why was one promoted? Why’d the other one stay? (chorus) – Instrumental
Cheney’s in the bunker, “now” it’s not til near 10! (9 National Commission final report 2004)
They’re changing all the timelines we were given back then…
There’s no time “now” to stop the West Wing attack…
The Pentagon batteries couldn’t even fight back …
No “shoot down” order aimed at Flight 93… (10)
When passengers were on the virge of victory… (11)
Mineta was omitted from the final report…
Many other matters they dismiss and distort… (12) (chorus)
© 2005 Victor René Sadot/BMI/Orbian Love Songs
Please read my 12 footnotes to this song. And read The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions & Distortions by David Ray Griffin, author of The New Pearl Harbor, by Olive Branch Press: http://www.interlinkbooks.com
***Footnotes to the song***
Cheney’s in the Bunker/Do the Orders Still Stand?
1. The “bunker” is actually called the Presidential Emergency Operations Center (PEOC). It is located in the basement of the east wing of the White House. Griffin, When Did Cheney Go to the Shelter? P 241.
2. Secretary of Transportion, Norman Mineta’s testimony before the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks on the United States, Staff Report of May 23, 2003, available at:
Griffin, p 208.
3. There were actually at least three teleconferences going on at once during the morning crisis of 9/11/01. Griffin explains who initiated them and what is known about them p 233.
4. The full quote of Vice President Cheney by Norman Mineta was actually, “Of course the orders still stand. Have you heard anything to the contrary?” Commissioner Timothy Roemer did ask Mineta what he “assumed” the orders were. Mineta said that he assumed that “the orders” were to shoot any incoming attacks down (David Ray Griffin, The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions, page 220).
5. War games ongoing on 9/11/01: Griffin p 268 – 269; “Vigilent Guardian”, and “Vigilent Warrior”, and other drills on 9/11/01 raise questions about the military response and the purpose of those exercises. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reported to the Notheast Air Defense Sector (NEADS) of the North American Airospace Defense Command (NORAD) that they have “hijacked aircraft headed to New York and ‘need someone to scramble some F-16s or something up there.” The person at NEADS replies, “Is this real-world or exercise?” Richard Clarke, Against All Enemies, p 5; Peter Lance, Cover Up, p 226, citing William B Scott, “Exercise Jump-Starts Response to Attacks,” Aviation Week and Space Technology, June 3, 2002;
and Mike Kelly, “Atlantic City F-16 Fighters Were Eight Minutes Away From 9/11 Hijacked Planes”; Michael Kane, “The Final Fraud: The 9/11 Commission Closes Its Doors to the Public: Cover-Up Complete,” From the Wilderness Publications
6. Griffin, p 220/ Richard Clarke, Against All Enemies, p 5.
7. Changing Timelines, Griffin chart p 152, 153.
8. Griffin, p 201/National Commission Staff Report, March 23.2004, quoted in Paul Thompson’s The Terror Timeline, 424, 426.
9. Ongoing teleconferences involving Rumsfeld, Myers, Cheney, Clarke, Rice, etc. Griffin p 208, Richard Clark at 9:39 am, “I can still see Rumsfeld on the screen, so the whole building didn’t get hit.” Three simultaneous teleconferences going on 9/11/01 p 230 – 235.
10. Changing Timelines, Griffin chart p 152, 153; Cheney’s arrival in the PEOC bunker, Griffin p 241/Reports on 9-11-01 to 9-14-01 timelines said that AA #11 struck the North Tower at 8:46 am /UA #175 struck the South Tower at 9:03 am /AA # 77 departed Dulles, DC at 8:20 am, and is claimed to have hit the Pentagon at 9:38 am/AA # 93 departed Newark, NJ at 8:42 am, and is claimed to have crashed at at10:06 am in a field in the Pennsylvania country-side amidst a passenger/crew attempt to re-take the plane. Without saying so, this Commission is stating that no planes were shot down on 9/11/01 by the United States Military or any special ops “war games” scenario à la Operation Northwoods (see Griffin, p 269).
11. When Was the Shoot-Down Order Authorization Given?, Griffin, p 237. When Did AA Flight #93 Crash?, Griffin, p 249.
12. Mineta testimony excluded from the final report, Griffin, p 221. There are so many other omissions and distortions that you could write a book about it. In fact, a number of people have produced very credible works as part of a global research effort by such authors as Michael Chossudovsky, Thierry Meyssan, Nafeez Ahmed, Michael Ruppert, Wayne Madsen, Eric Hufschmid, Peter Lance, and Paul Thompson to name just a few. Several of the most notable omissions by this Commission would have to include the three and a half hours of testimony and documentation presented by FBI translator and whistleblower, Sibel Edmonds, who was put under a gag order, WTC janitor and rescue hero William Rodriguez’s testimony that there were explosions at the core of the North Tower where he worked that he heard while he helped explosion burn victim, Felipe David, to safety outside and returned to the building to save others twice, and much of Richard Clarke’s testimony, The National Coordinator for Security and Counterterrorism for the Clinton and G.W. Bush administrations.