Posts tagged ‘singer-songwriter’
Five years in the making since Vic’s last CD in 2011, Truth Troubadour CD by Vic Sadot and the 18 songs on the disc were posted at CD Baby on Dec 2, 2016. The 300 LTD run pressed CD’s arrived at my place in Berkeley on Dec 13, 2016. Here’s a photo of me with a handful!
Now we need some listeners and some reviews! Most songs have been set to full-length preview. But the 4 licensed cover songs only allow you to listen to a short clip.
♫ Vic Sadot has a released a new 18 song CD called Truth Troubadour at CD Baby where songs can be listened to in full length preview and purchased. ♫
“Truth Troubadour” CD Back and Front Cover for a simple sleeve jacket package
“Truth Troubadour” is a poetic acoustic mix of broadside ballads and sweet love songs featuring Vic Sadot on vocals and acoustic guitar, and Eric Golub on viola, violin, and ukulele. Rockin’ Rob Sadot is featured on electric guitar on 3 of the songs. The lead-off song, Left My Mind, is the only rock song. Left My Mind has Dean A Banks on keyboards and Rob “Rbeast” Hunter on drums rocking it out on an old Joe Sadot song. Vic and Rob Sadot are on acoustic and electric guitars respectively. “Truth Troubadour” is the most acoustic and reflective CD of the four that Vic Sadot has listed at CD Baby (see discography below). Some songs already have videos made for the just released sound track. “Full Spectrum Dominance” is about the rapid trend since the crimes of 9/11 were effectively blamed on Muslims in need of a “war of terror” in their resource rich nations neighboring the Apartheid state of Israel now occupying Palestine. Mass surveillance in violation of the 4th Amendment and the shredding of the Bill of Rights has been enacted with anti-Constitutional legislation like the so-called “Patriot Act” and Presidential NDAA decrees.
Descriptions for Truth Troubadour songs:
1 Left My Mind (3:29) Joe Sadot – Folk Rock contemplations on time, mortality, purpose, urgency
2 Changes (4:09) Phil Ochs – Poetic romantic reflective melody on seasons passing
3 The Fog Watch (4:30) George Reuter poem; music Vic Sadot – Vision of a time before paved roads when the farmers annual delivery of the harvest to market in oxen-drawn wagons required an overnight stay at the Mermaid tavern and travel by daylight… “The wagon wheels are rollin’ through the mud…”
4 Lori (3:24) Joe Sadot – A wonderful melody and poetic verse by Vic’s brother Joe Sadot who passed in 1978.
5 Fayette County Snow (3:00) Greg DeCowsky – Snowy winter night in the 14th week of a West Virginia coal miner strike: “They’re sending men with guns to force us back into the mines…”
6 An Act of State: The Execution of Martin Luther King(4:59) Vic Sadot – Based on William Pepper’s book
7 Working Class Hero (3:46) John Lennon – Explicit Warning: Has an F in the lyrics. Classic John Lennon!
8 Masters of War (4:13) Bob Dylan – Vic’s version of a Dylan song that remains all too relevant today
9 Selling Futures (4:24) Vic Sadot – Original version was written in 1973. Now re-worked for 2017!
10 Courage To Resist: Free Chelsea Manning! (5:22) Vic Sadot – A gender-update of the original 2009 song. “The chat logs showed your motive was to let the people know… about the crimes the state made secret to help the corporate empire grow”
11 United Fruit (4:07) Phil Ochs – “And the fruit from the island of Cuba is stolen no more!” (1965)
12 The Kidnapping Coup (7:47) Vic Sadot – Vic tells the story of the 2004 US military coup against Haiti
13 Full Spectrum Dominance (5:39) Vic Sadot – “Beware of those who joke about sending in the drones!”
14 No Nuke Blues: Fukishima Update (4:19) Vic Sadot – Written in 1979 about Three Mile Island, the song unfortunately had update verses for Chernobyl in 1986 and for Fukushima in 2011.
15 Billboard Bandit (3:21) Vic Sadot & Greg DeCowsky – Blues rock inspired by a real news report
16 Dearest Lady (3:15) Vic Sadot – A romantic poetic ballad of reflection and regret
17 Sea of Sedation (4:47) Vic Sadot – Gentle, funny, and poetic song about hemp, hypocrisy, and hope
18 In the Harbor of Love (3:05) Vic Sadot – A romantic poetic tribute to love
Vic Sadot DiscMakers Discography & Credits for Product Releases Since 1985:
(1) 1985 “Good Time Delaware” 45 rpm single by Crazy Planet Band; Front cover art by Michael Schwartz; Back cover art by Debbie Hegedus;
(2) 1988 “Ride the Wind” LP by Crazy Planet Band; LP cover art by Curt S. Wayne;
(3) 1997 “Comin’ Home” CD by Vic Sadot’s “Planète Folle” Band; CD cover photo by Geoffrey Williams;
(4) 2005 Vic Sadot “Broadsides & Retrospectives”; CD cover photo & design by Dean A. Banks;
(5) 2011 “9/11 Truth & Justice Songs” CD by Vic Sadot; CD cover photo Geof Williams; Cover design Michael Tank;
(6) 2016 “Truth Troubadour” CD cover photo & design by Vic Sadot.
Sammy Fielding at the controls at Ancient Owl Audio. Vic Sadot wearing a San Francisco Mime Troupe T-shirt is very pleased with the mix-down process in November 2016.
Rob Sadot in October 2012 in the Berkeley, California studio doing a session with his brother Vic and with Eric Golub on various stringed instruments. The songs in that session that are on the “Truth Troubadour” CD are “Billboard Bandit” and “Full Spectrum Dominance”. Rock also played electric guitar on the opening song “Left My Mind”, a great rock song composed by departed brother Joe Sadot.
Phil and Me. Phil Ochs 75th birthday will be on December 19, 2015. At “Celebrating Phil Ochs” website and Facebook there is a section for sharing your story about meeting Phil! I just posted one! And two days ago I posted a video enhanced version of the May 1973 interview that Rich Lang, Skip Pizzi, and I did with Phil at WGTB in Washington, DC. Check it out! Vic
Truth Seekers & Truth Speakers: Truth Troubadour’s Channel on YouTube
A Showcase for Videos for Citizen Discussion
(1) LIBYA Belgian Journalist Cautions Viewer On Wars By US & Europe & Their “Media Lies” To Justify War (13:39) (French with English Subtitles) “Michel Collon a journalist cautions everyone by saying each war is preceded by the BIG “media lie”. He gives examples of “media lies”: Vietnam war & Gulf Of Tankin incident, Iraq & WMD lie & Alqaeda links, Kosovo & genocide, Afghanistan & 911 responsibility.” http://youtu.be/wRyr5w0i3fo
(2) LIBYA Brutus Nouri Al Masmari: Lies Of Gaddafi Paying African Mercenaries & Mercenary Jets 2.23.11 (4:01) – The Libya Secret: How West Cooked Up “People’s Uprising” – From Article: In October 2010, Qaddafi’s protocol chief, Nouri Al-Mesmari, arrived in France, purportedly for medical treatment. But he had his family with him, and the declared reason for his trip was a cover story. He almost immediately plunged into talks with the French and their intelligence service. He argued that Qaddafi was weak. He pointed out breaches inQaddafi’s national security shield that made it possible to take him down. http://youtu.be/jIEEgyf70ew
(3) The Nightmare of New Orleans /La Cauchmar de la Nouvelle Orleans (3:31) – A song about the criminally negligent response to Hurricane Katrina before, during, and after that catastrophe. There were grave warnings of possible disaster for New Orleans in the Times Picayune and National Geographic in the year before the tragic and deadly event. For many Americans, the militarization of the rescue mission was one of the most disconcerting aspects of the Bush-Cheney regime’s response to the flooding. FEMA even hired mercenaries from Blackwater to “restore order”. http://youtu.be/TNZHgsmmCWU
(4) Global Research TV: The Assassination of Gaddafi – GRTV Backgrounder The Corbett Report (11:40) : The killing of Muammar Gaddafi at the hands of NATO-backed, Al Qaeda-linked forces marks the end of a campaign expressly aimed at the assassination of a head of state and overthrow of a sovereign country in direct violation of international standards that have held sway since the Nuremberg trials at the end of World War II and the establishment of the Geneva Conventions. Find out more about the death of Gaddafi and the gears of the international “justice” system that was out to convict him from the start in this week’s GRTV Backgrounder. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zDY3jvcp44&feature=colike
(5) Global Research TV: Against AFRICOM – Cynthia McKinney Speaks Out on GRTV (15:11) – Established in 2007, the United States African Command (AFRICOM) has been at the heart of the US agenda to secure the continent and its resources against America’s supposed enemies. Now, many are questioning AFRICOM’s role on the continent at all. Find out more about the race for Africa’s riches in this week’s GRTV Feature Interview with former congresswoman and 2008 presidential candidate Cynthia McKinney. http://youtu.be/ezktVMOvTQs
(6) Martin Luther King, Jr.: “I Have a Dream…to Go to War?!” (3:13) “The great initiative in this war is ours. The initiative to end it must be ours.” Martin Luther King, Jr., speaking of Vietnam. This week the Pentagon sank to a new low: claiming that Dr. King would “understand” the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. King’s legacy is clear: he opposed war and other violence and condemned war as “an enemy of the poor.” Help us stop the Pentagon’s lies and attempts to justify the brutal, futile war in Afghanistan. Spread the truth by sharing this video with your family and friends. http://youtu.be/ahI8o9-U7Z0
(7) Martin Luther King (1963) – Proud to be maladjusted! (1:21) Dr. Martin Luther King’s speech at Western Michigan University (Dec 18th, 1963). http://youtu.be/zXEIYpnlxbw
(8) ‘Free Syrian Army foot-soldiers of Western military alliance’ – Russia Today Interview with Director of the Centre for Research on Globalization, Michel Chossudovsky. (5:47) The international envoy to Syria tells the UN Security Council there’s no progress in implementing a ceasefire – while the ‘Friends of Syria’ group is criticised for undermining the UN-backed peace efforts. to To discuss the different approaches for settling the year-long conflict in Syria, RT joined live by Michel Chossudovsky, who’s director at the Centre for Research on Globalization. http://youtu.be/CAjvCJtyAv4
(9) Bosnia to Libya: 20 years of NATO ‘peacemaking’ – Russia Today Interview with Rick Rozoff, Editor of Stop NATO Website as “Humanitarian” Military Interventions (5:20) : “Two decades ago saw the start of Europe’s bloodiest military conflict since the Second World War. The Bosnian War and the break-up of the former Yugoslavia reignited ethnic conflicts between Muslims and Serbs. Over four years, around 100-thousand people were killed, and more than 4 million displaced. The war eventually saw NATO’s first-ever peace mission in its history – setting a template for incursions into foreign troublespots. Anti-NATO activist Rick Rozoff believes the Alliance’s current interventions make it hard for nations to resolve their conflict themselves.” http://youtu.be/tVED-kz6yV8
(10) Terror Trading 9/11: Verified Evidence of Insider Trading Based on Foreknowledge of the False Flag Attacks (39:22) – “Terror Trading 9/11” by Lars Schall and Michael Leitner is a video dedicated to the topic of the alleged informed trading activities prior to the terror attacks of September 11th, 2001. Funded through „Pirate My Film”, it shows interviews with Max Keiser, Kevin Ryan and Michael C. Ruppert. http://youtu.be/_J3qyDQU7ic
For further information read “Insider Trading 9/11…The Facts Laid Bare” at ASIA TIMES ONLINE under: http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/NC21Dj05.html
Lars Schall has written a book on this subject (in german): Mordanschlag 9/11. Eine kriminalistische Recherche zu Finanzen, Ol und Drogen (Assassination 9/11: A criminalistic research on finance, oil and drugs), published in Germany by Schild Verlag http://www.schildverlag.de/video-dvd/mordanschlag-911
(11) Say No To AFRICOM! Actor, activist and TransAfrica Forum board chair Danny Glover and TransAfrica Forum executive director Nicole Lee Interview by Amy Goodman of DemocracyNow ( In 2007 they had recently written about AFRICOM in the latest issue of The Nation magazine. Their article is called “Say No to AFRICOM”. http://youtu.be/M_CDUZWDRDk
(12) Blowback or Bloody Treason – Truth Troubadour Channel on YouTube – The song was written by Vic Sadot after reading Crossing the Rubicon by Michael Ruppert, a former Los Angeles narcotics detective turned 9/11 Truth investigator. It calls for treating the events of 9/11 as a criminal act rather than simply accepting what politicians claim about the crime. Such questions as, who had the means, motive, and opportunity, are essential questions that any real-life, or any TV detective, such as Columbo, “Murder She Wrote”, or CSI Miami shows, must employ to solve a murder. They always ask who might benefit from the crime, and they do not eliminate any suspects who merit scrutiny under such relevant questions. “Blowback” is the term used by the CIA to describe when groups hit back at the US for its war and military intervention policies. Many liberal critics jumped comfortably into this explanation of 9/11 before investigations even began. However, the “blowback theory” does not confront the facts or contradict the “official conspiracy story” told by Bush and Cheney immediately after the attacks, nor the 9/11 Commission Report released in 2004. This song highlights the verifiable facts and the unanswered questions presented by 9/11 Truth scholars such as Michael Ruppert, Richard Gage, Steven Jones, David Ray Griffin, Kevin Ryan, and numerous others. http://youtu.be/3Xj63Op6-bM
(13) Courage To Resist – Truth Troubadour Channel on YouTube – A tribute to GI Resistance in 2011 by Vic Sadot, who was inspired especially by Private Bradley Manning and wiki leaks for exposing the lies, war crimes, and cover-ups of the corporate empire…crimes against humanity and their use of American citizens as their robotic servants. Bradley Manning, Nicole Mitchell, Marc Hall, and others give us hope for truth and justice. For, if they can stand up when already bound up by the military system & its culture of repression, then we can summon up the “Courage To Resist” too! “Long Live GI Resistance to the Lies & Tyranny!” Check out their real life stories of resistance at www.couragetoresist.org
This video at Truth Troubadour Channel: http://youtu.be/G_xjll5v-zM